Spread hummus, not hate. Okay, I probably stole that from someone, somewhere. The Great Hummus Debate; how on earth do you spell it?! From my extensive (ahem) research on the matter, it appears to me that it’s kind of a free reign. I’ve seen evidence to suggest that us Brits are supposed to spell it as ‘houmous’ (excuse me? ‘houmous’ …. as in… ‘how-mouse’?!) and the most common spelling is, in fact, ‘hummus’. I’m sticking with this. Now, we all have a soft spot for hummus. However, eating it for 7 days a week, three weeks straight led me to experiments. After many successful variations, I concluded that my carrot hummus was the easiest, most accessible, yummiest version that everyone will love! It’s super-duper simple – and if you have extra time on your hands, then make the hummus from scratch!
- 200g homemade hummus or store bought (my absolute favourite is from ALDI)
- 2x large carrots
- 4x brown rice cakes
- Handful of alfalfa sprouts to serve
- Peel and finely grate the carrots
- Mix the carrots into the hummus
- Spread the hummus – generously – onto the rice cakes
- Serve on a bed of alfalfa sprouts
- … yep, that’s it!
There will be leftover carrot hummus, so store in a mason jar / tightly-sealed container for the next few days (yes, you just meal-prepped without even realising! Look at you go!)
. . . Heal the World