Hangover? You’re reading the right recipe! Surprisingly easy to make but packed FULL of nutrition. I wanted to switch up the green juice trend and add a bit of sunshine to my morning!
The morning after one too many glasses of wine, nobody wants to hang around in the kitchen making something healthy, I myself am partial to a good British fry up the morning after. Two hours later, though, I crash on the sofa and I’m a useless oaf for the rest of the day. I PROMISE you, if you swap out the greasy breakfast for this detox smoothie, you will be buzzing with energy and life for the rest of the day! I’d say it tastes like a carrot cake (you’re welcome) with a burst of tropical juice. Perfect for summer. What are you waiting for? Go and whip up this hangover cure!
Makes 2 smoothies
n.b. equipment needed: juicer and smoothie maker or blender
- 6 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 red apple, cored
- 2 small frozen bananas
- 1 thumb-sized chunk of ginger, peeled
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp bee pollen
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 100 ml orange juice
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Use a juicer to juice the carrots and apple
- Add the juice to a smoothie maker / blender
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth
- Add more milk if a thinner consistency is desired
- Serve immediately!
. . . Heal the World