Bloody Marys. Mimosas. Brunch is made for a cheeky tipple! This is boozy but that doesn’t mean it’s unhealthy! We’re packing in a lot of cherries here (my fave!) which are fabulous for you (check out the nutritional orange below) and kiwis are an excellent superfood too. and I took this brunch to the beach for it’s first taste trial and the croissants – an optional addition – were toasted by the sun!
- approximately 30 cherries
- 2 kiwis
- 1 peach
- approximately ½ cup honey-rum (or regular rum with 2 tsp honey mixed in)
- 2 integral / cereal croissants (optional)
- Cut the cherries in half and remove the stones
- Dice the kiwis into large chunks
- Dice the peach into medium chunks
- Place all the fruit into a large bowl (preferably a bowl that allows for the fruit to sit in one layer, rather than on top of each other)
- Pour the rum (or rum and honey) over the fruit, cover and rest in the fridge overnight
- When you’re ready to serve this boozy breakfast, simply serve into bowls and place a selection of fresh, warm croissants on the table (or picnic blanket) to soak up the juice at the end!
. . . Heal the World